Author: Luke Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 23:41:56 -0500
obsolete dox removed
|M||README.md|| | ||70||----------------------------------------------------------------------|
1 file changed, 0 insertions(+), 70 deletions(-)
diff --git a/README.md b/README.md
@@ -24,69 +24,6 @@ Arch-based distros such as Manjaro, Antergos and Parabola (although Parabola,
which uses slightly different repositories might miss one or two minor
-Here are some of the things LARBS sets up:
-- Installs i3-gaps, a tiling window manager, with my fully featured
- configuration along with dozens of lightweight and vim-centric terminal
- applications that replace the more over-encumbering
- programs on most machines.
-- Massive documentation making use even for novices seamless. A help document
- with all bindings for the window manager accessible with `Super+F1` at all
- times, as well as commands such as `getkeys` which print the default bindings
- of terminal applications. You can even stream instructional videos on topics
- with `Super+Shift+E`.
-- Installs [my dotfiles](https://github.com/lukesmithxyz/voidrice) giving as
- popularized on [my YouTube channel](https://youtube.com/c/Lukesmithxyz).
-- Sets up system requirements such as users, permissions, networking, audio and
- an AUR manager.
-- All done behind a `dialog` based user interface.
-## Changes since first release
-- More documentation in the `getkeys` program and `mod+shift-e`.
-- Luke's build of st is now the default terminal, instead of urxvt. This
- - Full unicode compatibility
- - vim-like bindings
- - Scrollback with keys and mouse, clipboard use and other add ons to
- the default st build
- - Xresources colors, allowing the use of wal/pywal
-- i3status is the status bar instead of Polybar, which was bloated and failed
- to build on many machines. The new i3status includes the modules below, all
- of which are constructed to be as minimal and light on system resources as
- - Weather forecasts using `wttr.in`, with highs, lows and rain chance.
- - Current song information from `mpd`
- - Unread mail from Luke's `mutt-wizard`
- - Possible pacman updates
- - Status of torrents in transmission-daemon
- - Expected date, time, battery, internet and volume modules
-- Switch from mocp to mpd/ncmpcpp for music.
-- System is more minimalist/suckless.
-- dmenu is used instead of rofi for simplicity's sake.
-- Deployment of my new mutt-wizard for secure offline email configuration
- instead of config files for the user to manually edit.
-- Firefox instead of qutebrowser for default browser (qutebrowser configs
- remain for qutebrowser afeccionados)
-- A default profile of Firefox including some privacy features, an ad-blocker
- and VimVixen, for vim-based keyboard shortcuts.
-- Extensive implementation of dmenu, including for mounting/unmounting drives,
- display selection, confirmation for shutdown and other crucial commands, link
- handling and screen/audio recording.
-- Updates to config files can be pulled with git now.
-- i3 window resize now intuitive directions
-- Removal of a lot of brainlethood in the original design, where I relocated
- configs for alleged extensibility's sake. That's all been fixed now.
-- Configs for the new versions of qutebrowser, newsboat/newsbeuter, neomutt,
-- Link handling scripts for mutt, newsboat and vim
-- vi mode is now default in bash (with retention of emacs-mode ctrl-l)
-- Caps lock functions both as a super key and escape key with xcape.
-- Use of the much better, newer version of my shortcut-sync.
-- And the repository is *significantly* smaller than it was before, meaning a
- faster download.
-- A million and one other tweaks and bug fixes.
By default, LARBS uses the programs [here in progs.csv](archi3/progs.csv) and installs
@@ -137,10 +74,3 @@ effectively with the `newperms` function. At the end of installation,
`newperms` removes those settings, giving the user the ability to run only
several basic sudo commands without a password (`shutdown`, `reboot`,
-## To-do list
-- Provide documentation on how to update dotfiles from remote repository.
-- Enable tap to click.
-- Keyboard luminosity script.
-- Add notification icons?